Date: 7th June 2023
Time: from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Audience: Companion segment: Veterinarians and Nurses
Price: AED 0
About our speaker:
Diana Brozić, DMV, Ph.D., Assistant professor at the Department of Animal Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Zagreb. Diana has worked in the field of animal physiology and nutrition for the last 10 years and is a final-year resident of the European College of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition, under the supervision of Professor Myriam Hesta, at Ghent University (small animal track).
She participated as a lecturer or one of the authors in multiple international congresses and seminars. Amongst teaching, research, and laboratory work she actively performs service of small animals nutritional support.
The area of her scientific and research interest includes fatty acid metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and small animal nutrition and dietetics with a particular interest in the clinical nutrition and intensive care nutrition of companion animals.
Calibra would like to invite all veterinary practitioners for a webinar on Obesity Management in Cats & Dogs
This webinar will give an overview of;
- Introduction – obesity as a pathology
- How to properly assess an obese patient (BCS, MCS, weight, comorbidities)
- Diets suitable for weight loss protocol (important nutrients, dog vs. cat)
- Conducting a weight loss protocol – path to success (2 cases – dog and cat WLP)
- Help with tech (automatic feeders, activity trackers, adjusted feeding bowls)